Sunday, March 9, 2014

New Blog, New Diet

After reading a bunch of Low Carb and Paleo blogs and listening to several related podcasts I decided to see if I could come up with a LCHF (Low Carb High Fat) style ketogenic diet that was both affordable and convenient from a money and time standpoint.  Hence, the new blog, to record my trials and tribulations.

I started my new diet back on Sunday (March 9th, 2014) by going shopping at the nearest HEB plus! store, I ended up bringing home a couple bags of HEB Fully Cooked Thick 'n Tasty Burgers, several containers of Wholly Guacamole Classic Guacamole Dip (way to many, lucky for me it appears they can be frozen), some Kraft Cheddar Cheese and HEB Havarti Cheese, Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter, a package of Country Cousin Pork Sausage Patties (precooked) and some seriously yummy Alouette Garlic adn Herb Cheese Spread.  While at the store I sample some HEB Texas Heritage Pork & Venison Sausage and some Beemster Premium Gourmet Dutch Cheese.

My starting weight for this diet as of Sunday morning was 428.4 lbs.
My meals for Sunday were:

Breakfast
  • 1/2 oz of HEB Texas Heritage Pork & Venison Sausage
  • 1/2 oz of Beemster Premium Gourmet Dutch Cheese
Lunch
  • 1 patty of HEB Fully Cooked Thick 'n Tasty Burgers
  • 1 patty of Country Cousin Pork Sausage Patties
  • 3 slices of Kroger Low Sodium Bacon
  • 1 slice of HEB Classic Havarti Cheese
  • 1 slice of Kraft Big Slice Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • 2 tbsp of Wholly Guacamole Classic Guacamole Dip
  • 1 bottle of water mixed with an Arizona Green Tea Iced Tea Stix
Dinner
  • 12oz Bone-In Ribeye Steak from Kroger's
  • 1/2 cup of Delmonte Fresh Cut French Style Green Beans
  • 2 tbsp of Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter
  • 1/8 oz of Kelly's Kitchen Chocolate Cheese Fudge

Macro-nutrient breakdown for the day:




No comments:

Post a Comment